Are you short on time? Do you get bored doing the same thing over and over again for hours on end? Are you trying to get that six pack to show? Are you trying to burn extra fat, not just lose weight? Then you sound like a perfect candidate for interval training. All fitness enthusiasts need to have the right tools to help them meet their goals. The Gymboss Interval Timer is the perfect tool for interval training. Especially when you are training alone.
I first learned of Gymboss through Bodyrock.tv many many moons ago in 2009. The exerciser on that channel would constantly talk about her Gymboss and I realized if I wanted to be able to interval train solo I would need one so I purchased my first one back in 2009. Fast forward to 2013 and I still use it on a regular basis whether doing intervals with jump rope, push ups and jumping jacks OR walk/jog/sprinting around my neighborhood track – this interval timer helps get the job done. I haven’t even had to change the battery! It is reliable, easy to set up…it counts 2 sets of intervals and can even be used as a timer if you change the mode. They also offer videos on Youtube to help you with orientation and initial set up. It is really a small yet POWERFUL tool for interval training.
More Health and Fitness News & Tips at Greatist.
After reading all of that it gets you hyped to try it for yourself right? Well my certified personal trainer put together these interval workouts for all of you to try. Try them out and leave a comment on how you did. Better yet – post a PHOTO of you during or after your interval training! One thing we love here at Femme Fitale Fit Club are photos of folks putting in the work!!!
15-20 push ups
45 seconds of mountain climbers
20-30 alternating lunges
25 jump squats
20 step up on each leg
30 seconds of side plank on each side
15 squat thrusts
15 one legged squats on each leg
20 wide arm push ups. When you come down your arms should be at a 90′ angle
1 min of jump roping or 100 jumps in place
Repeat sequence 3 times
20 leg lifts
20 V ups
45 sec plank
Walking lunge w/12 pd weights
Squat and bicep curl
Side lunge w/12-15 pd weights
Squat and hammer curl
Row w/15 pound weight
Turned out squats with one 20pd weight
Chest Press with 20 pd weights
Kick backs with 12-15pd weight
Walking side squats with 20pd weight in each hand
Push ups on the floor or bench. As you go down you will alternating lifting each leg
Heel taps 20xs
Plank to push up position 20xs
Now on to the giveaway…Gymboss was kind enough to sponsor this contest and one lucky winner will win a Gymboss Interval Timer (color and design of their choice). I stand behind this tool and think it is amazing and believe you will to. Below are the rules for entry. Click on Rafflecopter to actually enter. Good luck and happy interval training!!!
Here’s the contest (the more you do, the better your chances):
- “LIKE” the Femme Fitale Fit Club Facebook page (if you have already liked our page that counts)
- “LIKE” the Gymboss Timer Facebook page (if you have already liked their page that counts)
- Follow @DSTPRL on Twitter
- Post a photo of you doing intervals on the Femme Fitale Fit Club Facebook page and use hashtag #fffcgymboss so we can find it easily – you can post a different photo daily to increase your chances to win
- Follow @Femmefitalefitclub on Instagram
ENTER GIVEAWAY HERE —->GYMBOSS GIVEAWAY
- The contest will run from midnight Monday, June 24, 2013 – Monday, July 1, 2013 at 11:59 pm.
- The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia (U.S.) and Puerto Rico, age 18 or older at the time of entry. Void outside the U.S.
- Once the contest is closed, no new entries will be accepted.
- A winner will be randomly selected and announced the week of July 1st.
It’s that simple.
Spread the word, tell your family and friends and start submitting your entries.
Disclosure: I have not been personally compensated in any form or fashion for hosting or promoting this giveaway.